All Day Media, the company behind the popular HistoryinPics and EarthPix Twitter accounts, has raised $2 million in seed funding.
The money will go toward expanding its brand across its social media accounts and growing its website where writers and editors draft narratives using pictures and other content. One recent post outlines the 1994 Winter Olympics rivalry between ice skaters Nancy Kerrigan and Tonya Harding and the brutal attack on Kerrigan.
All Day made its name through Twitter accounts that post historic or picturesque photos, such as a colored shot of Marilyn Monroe performing to U.S. troops in Korea. The Los Angeles company has more than 200 million followers across its various Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts.
Chief Executive Eric Damier founded All Day after he and his co-founders saw they could leverage their mass millennial following to drive content consumption.
“We cover highly engaging categories that others aren’t paying much attention to,” he said in a statement. “And because of our large social media reach, we can put any piece of content in front of tens of millions of millennials every day.”
The round was led by Santa Monica VC firm Upfront Ventures, with participation from Daher Capital, 500 Startups and individual investors throughout the online media industry.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- BeautyCon Wants to be Vice Media for Girls
- Toggle Closes Seed Round with Warner Bros. Investment
- Epoxy Raises $6.5 Million Series A
- Fuisz Media Raises $2.1 Million Seed Round
- KDAY Has a New Digital Groove
- When to Rebrand? Start With $2.9 Million Investment
- Dotstudioz Launches Digital Distribution Platform
- Shuttlerock Lands on Miracle Mile with $2.4 Million Raise