Clint Eastwood's “American Sniper” took in the biggest Super Bowl weekend gross of all time, bringing in $31.85 million and beating out the previous record of $31.1 million held by 2008's “Hanna Montana/Miley Cyrus: The Best of Both Worlds Concert Tour.” The family film “Paddington” trailed far behind to claim the No. 2 slot at the box office with $8.5 million, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Box Office: ‘American Sniper’ Hits Target
- Sony Introduces Hot Ticket
- Disney Revs Up Tween Star Machine
- "Think Like a Man Too" Wins Weekend Box Office
- VMAs in DTLA Break Twitter Records
- Producer Chasing Mouse For His Montana Money
- Concert Company Seeks Jolt From Electronic Music
- ‘Fury’ Tops ‘Gone Girl’ at Box Office