Pasadena biopharmaceutical firm Arrowhead Research Corp. announced Monday that the company will be added to the Nasdaq Biotechnology Index, a collection of biotech and pharmaceutical companies.
The move is part of an annual re-ranking that will go into effect before the market opens on Monday, Dec. 21.
“At Arrowhead, we are trying to change medicine with our suite of RNAi drugs that target a diverse set of diseases,” Arrowhead’s Vice President of Investor Relations Vincent Anzalone said. “We are excited to be selected as a constituent company of the Nasdaq Biotechnology Index that is full of innovative biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies.”
Arrowhead shares were up 1 percent on Monday, closing at $5.69.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Puma Biotechnology Added to Nasdaq Biotech Index
- In The Pink
- Stocks Mixed on Near-Record Oil
- Update: Arrowhead Subsidiary Sells IP Portfolio
- Price-Gouging Talk Leaves Sector’s Stocks in Hole
- Buyout Talk Gives Shot in Arm to Drug Developer
- Puma, Arrowhead Among Week’s Biggest Movers
- Puma, Arrowhead Among Year’s Biggest Movers