Universal Studios Hollywood announced Tuesday that its attraction “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” will open on April 7.
To promote its opening date, the Universal City theme park released a short YouTube video featuring actress Evanna Lynch, who played Luna Lovegood in the blockbuster film series, as well as art director Alan Gilmore, who worked on “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban” and “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.”
The original Wizarding World opened at Universal’s Islands of Adventure theme park in Orlando, Fla. in 2010. It has proven to be a cash cow for the movie studio.
Universal Studios Hollywood’s attraction will share some similarities with its Florida counterpart, including the signature Hogwart’s Castle, Zonko’s Joke Shop, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey ride and Flight of the Hippogriff, which will be Universal Studios Hollywood’s first outdoor roller coaster.
The Harry Potter movie franchise, produced by Warner Bros., has generated $7.7 billion at the global box office.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Magical Opportunity To See Harry Potter’s World Early
- Merchandising Magic May Enrich Universal’s Harry Potter Land
- Universal Studios Hollywood Unveils 'Demand Pricing'
- Crowd Conjurer?
- Gibson Amphitheatre Makes Way for Harry Potter
- Interactive Nintendo Rides Coming to Universal Studios
- Harry Potter Ticket Prices Rise Prior to Opening
- First Disney, Now Universal Studios Hikes Prices