CIM Group of Los Angeles appears set to build the tallest residential tower west of the Mississippi River.
CIM has closed on a $14.5 million purchase of nearly 2 acres in downtown Austin, Texas, the Austin American-Statesman reports. Along with Constructive Ventures and Aspen Heights, the Mid-Wilshire real estate company plans to build a 58-story tower. It not only would be Austin’s tallest building, according to the newspaper, the $300 million tower would be the tallest residential building in the West.
The tower, with 370 planned condos, could break ground early next year, the Statesman reports. The site was acquired from the City of Austin.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- L.A. Building to Be Tallest in West
- Scraping Skies, Hitting Bottom
- L.A. Developer on Rise in N.Y.
- The Big Picture: 172 Downtown Projects
- Kiss the Sky
- Developer Taps Non-Profit to Fill Tall Loan Order
- Developer Nears Downtown Deal For Market Site
- Beverly Hills Voters Reject Measure HH’s Tall Condo Tower