The Dow Jones industrial average rose 168 points in Tuesday trading to close at 17,888.
The S&P 500 rose 22 points to 2,103.
The Nasdaq rose 48 points to 5,156.
The LABJ Stock Index rose three points to 243.
Gainers and Losers
Alhambra’s Emcore Corp. was Tuesday’s biggest local gainer among stocks trading above $1. Shares of the maker of semiconductor-based subsystems and components for solar power systems rose 12 percent on the day, closing at $8.09.
Tuesday’s biggest loser was Los Angeles oil and gas producer BreitBurn Energy Partners. Shares fell 21 percent on the day, closing at $1.59 after the company suspended its monthly distribution effective immediately.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Markets Mixed; BreitBurn Energy Partners Soars, Cadiz Tanks
- Stocks Fall; BreitBurn Energy Surges, CytRx Tanks
- Stocks Fall; Second Sight is Up, BreitBurn Sinks Again
- Stocks Mixed; Skechers Soars, BreitBurn Energy Partners Tanks
- Stocks Rise; U.S. Auto Parts Revs Up, BreitBurn Energy Stalls
- Stocks Rise; General Finance Climbs, BreitBurn Sinks
- Stocks Fall; InterGroup Corp. Rises, BreitBurn Energy Partners Sinks
- Stocks Fall; IPC Soars, VCA Sinks