The Federal Drug Administration has authorized Amgen Inc. to sell its drug Repatha to some patients with very high cholesterol. It could add up to big money for the Thousand Oaks company, the Los Angeles Times reports, but insurance companies may balk at the price, which starts at $14,100 for a year's worth of treatment.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Amgen’s Gains EU Approval for Anti-Cholesterol Drug
- FDA Recommends Amgen Cholesterol Drug
- FDA to Weigh Amgen’s Repatha
- E.U. Panel Backs Amgen Cholesterol Drug
- Amgen Seeks Cholesterol Drug Approval
- Amgen and Soon-Shiong Team Up on Cancer Trials
- Former Employees Sue Amgen
- Amgen Seeks Approval for Drug for Dialysis Patients