Universal Pictures' "Straight Outta Compton," a biopic of the rap group N.W.A., topped the box office for the second weekend in a row, bringing in $27 million. It has now crossed the $100 million mark while Paramount Pictures' "Mission: Impossible — Rogue Nation" came in at No. 2, making $11.7 million. Gramercy Pictures' new horror film, "Sinister 2" came in third place, grossing $10.6 million, the Los Angeles Times reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Box Office: 'Straight Outta Compton' Continues Reign
- Box Office: 'Straight Outta Compton' Dominates
- Police in Force at Movie Premiere
- Hollywood Box Office Booming
- Box Office: 'Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation' Conquers 'Fantastic Four'
- Box Office: 'Maze Runner’ Wins, 'Black Mass' Opens Strong
- Box Office: ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation’ Takes Top Spot
- ‘Star Wars’ Blasts Off in China