The Dow Jones industrial average fell 34 points in Tuesday trading to close at 17,511.
The S&P 500 fell six points to 2,097.
The Nasdaq fell 32 points to 5,059.
The LABJ Stock Index fell three points to 236.
Gainers and Losers
Tuesday’s biggest local gainer was MRV Communications Inc. Shares of the Chatsworth network component maker rose 12 percent on the day, closing at $19.13.
Tuesday’s biggest loser was Commerce furniture maker Nova Lifestyle Inc. Shares of the company fell 11 percent on the day, closing at $2.14. The company last week released earnings that showed a $140,000 loss for second quarter, compared to net income of $3.4 million for the same quarter last year.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Down; MannKind Climbs, Nova LifeStyle Falls
- Stocks Fall; Nova Lifestyle Soars, Puma Plunges – Again
- Stocks Rise; Mannkind Climbs, Nova Lifestyle Sinks
- Stocks Fall
- Stocks Rise
- Stocks Rise; Guidance Software Gains, Jakks Pacific Slides
- Stocks Rise; Simulations Plus Climbs, Nova Lifestyle Sinks
- Stocks Rise; Staar Surgical Looking Up, MannKind Down