Universal Pictures’ and Legendary Pictures’ “Straight Outta Compton” conquered the weekend box office during its debut weekend, bringing in $56.1 million, the Los Angeles Times reports. Universal also offered to pay for extra security at movie theaters, but no incidents were reported. Paramount Pictures' "Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation" came in at No. 2, adding $17 million to the $138 million it’s already made in North America. Warner Bros.’ “The Man from U.N.C.L.E.” debuted in third place, taking in $13.5 million.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Box Office: 'Straight Outta Compton' Continues to Dominate
- Box Office: ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation’ Takes Top Spot
- Box Office: 'Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation' Conquers 'Fantastic Four'
- Hollywood Box Office Booming
- Box Office: 'Straight Outta Compton' Continues Reign
- Box Office: ‘Ant-Man’ Dominates, Beating ‘Minions’
- ‘Star Wars’ Blasts Off in China
- Box Office: 'Maze Runner’ Wins, 'Black Mass' Opens Strong