Federal authorities have busted up an international group of hackers and traders who made $100 million on Wall Street by hacking into online business wires, reading corporate press releases and using the information to make trades before they went public, the Associated Press reports. Nine people in the United States and the Ukraine were indicted on federal criminal charges.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Why Wall Street Doesn't Want Bernanke to Leave
- Hackers Convention Ask Feds to Stay Away
- Silicon Beach Report May 14: Disney Buys Out Hulu Stake
- Targets of Opportunity
- L.A. Man Indicted in International Cyberfraud Ring
- 18.5 Million Californians’ Data Exposed in Breaches
- Dutch National Indicted on Charges of Computer Hacking and Identity Theft
- www.computer.crime: E-Crime and What To Do About It