The Dow Jones industrial average fell 212 points in Tuesday trading to close at 17,403.
The S&P 500 fell 20 points to 2,084.
The Nasdaq fell 65 points to 5,037.
The LABJ Stock Index fell three points to 237.
Gainers and Losers
Tuesday’s biggest local gainer was Westwood’s Puma Biotechnology Inc.
Shares of the cancer drug developer rose 6 percent on the day, closing at $97.01 a day after it reported second-quarter earnings that beat analysts’ expectations.
One of Tuesday’s biggest losers was Capricor Therapeutics Inc. Shares of the Beverly Hills cardiovascular therapy developer fell 7 percent on the day, closing at $4.10.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks Fall; BreitBurn Rebounds, Cadiz Dries Up
- Stocks Fall; Nova Lifestyle Soars, Puma Plunges – Again
- Stocks Rise; NetSol Soars, Capricor Therapeutics Sinks
- Stocks Rise
- Stocks Fall; Kythera Jumps, Ixia Tumbles
- Stocks Rise; Portsmouth Climbs, Puma Slumps
- Stocks Mixed; Qualstar Rises, Ritter Pharmaceuticals Tanks
- Stocks Rise; Skechers Soars, Second Sight Medical Products Tanks