This story has been updated from a previous version.
American Airlines is betting plenty of Angelenos will be headed for ski slopes in the Rockies this winter.
The airline this week announced it will introduce nonstop flights between Los Angeles International Airport and airports near Jackson Hole, Wyo., and Telluride, Colo., beginning in December. The flights will operate daily from Dec. 17 through Jan. 6, and on Saturdays through April 4.
Flights to the world-class ski destinations will, of course, offer first-class seating, with the Jackson Hole route also having wi-fi on board.
Both routes are new to American Airlines. United Airlines and Delta Airlines currently the only carriers that fly nonstop between LAX and Jackson Hole, and Allegiant Air provides the only direct connection between Los Angeles and Telluride.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- LAX Adds Nonstop Flights to Helsinki, Three US Cities
- Daily Flight Service from LAX to Hong Kong Launching in December
- Hong Kong Flights Wing Way to LAX
- American, Scandinavian Airlines Add International Flights to LAX
- Ethiopian Airlines to End First Nonstop Service from LAX to Africa Next Month
- First Nonstop Flights From LAX to Africa to Begin Next Month
- Alaska Airlines Adds Nonstop Routes at LAX
- Spirit Airlines Adds Flights to Mexico From LAX