Law firms Dentons US and McKenna Long & Aldridge will merge later this year, the firms announced late yesterday.
The announcement comes a few months after Denton revealed plans in January to combine with the Dacheng Law Offices in China, making it the world’s largest law firm by number of attorneys.
After its merger with McKenna Long, Dentons will boast about 6,600 attorneys across the world. Both law firms have offices in downtown Los Angeles, and details about the merger, including how the offices will combine and when the deal is expected to be complete, were not immediately available.
McKenna Long ranks No. 71 on the Business Journal’s list of largest law firms with 43 lawyers in Los Angeles County. Dentons came in this year at No. 105 with 32 local attorneys.
Once combined, the law firm would be among the 40 largest in Los Angeles.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Largest Firm’s Split Decisions
- Founder of Small Firm Finds Way Back to Big Law
- Local Firm Makes Case With Ex-U.S. Attorney
- Lower-Cost Firms Among L.A.’s Fastest Growing
- Law Firms MS&K, Richardson & Patel to Merge This Week
- Litigation Firm Cools on Hiring Summer Interns
- Bankruptcy Boutique Makes Move to National Firm
- L.A. Firm Links Up to Cash In on Federal Stimulus