Long Beach Transit will rebid a contract to build 10 battery-powered buses after its first contract with manufacturer BYD, which planned to build the buses in Lancaster, was voided by federal officials in March, the Long Beach Press-Telegram reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Long Beach Transit Cancels BYD Bus Contract
- Automaker Boards Buses
- Electric Bus Maker Gets $66 Million MTA Contract
- BYD’s Hiring Pledge Could Charge Up MTA Bus Deal
- BYD Unveils Buses From Local Plant
- BYD Delivers First Buses as Part of Anaheim Order
- BYD May Lose Long Beach Bus Contract
- BYD Buses Rolling into Toronto