After criticism the Public Utilities Commission had developed “too cozy” a relationship with the state’s largest utility, Pacific Gas & Electric Co., PUC President Michael Peevey removed himself from further proceedings over a huge explosion in 2010 in the Bay Area city of San Bruno that killed eight, the Los Angeles Times reports. Peevey also said he had asked his chief of staff to resign for “inappropriate communications” with the utility, and she did.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Sale of Riverside Newspaper in Danger?
- Fast Food Workers Strike for Better Pay
- Satellite TV Companies Angling for Political Cash
- Wienerschnitzel Founder John Galardi Dies
- Jacobs Engineering Moving to Texas
- Academy Museum Site Potentially Dangerous
- American Apparel Begins Laying Off Employees
- L.A. Homeless Organizations to Receive $214 Million