Ever since the release of “Back to the Future Part II,” many people have been trying to make a real-life hoverboard, from hobbyists to physicists to engineers at Google. The latest effort, in Los Gatos, involves a heavy, magnetic skateboard that can float above a copper surface, the New York Times reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Google’s Ad Challenge
- For Fox, Much Is Riding on Sequels to ‘Avatar’
- California’s Farmlands Hit Hard by Drought
- Firms That Challenge China on Trade Face Cybertheft
- U.S. Economic Recovery Looks Distant as Growth Stalls
- Google Pitches Online TV Service
- DeGeneres Shows Home-Renovation Overdrive
- Maxim Recruits a Readership in Uniform