Subscribers to newspapers operated by the Los Angeles News Group, including the Los Angeles Daily News, are advised to be on the lookout for fraudulent renewal notices coming from companies that have no association with the company, the San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports. While LANG subscribers have yet to be hit with any bogus statements, customers of the Bay Area News Group, which is LANG’s Northern California counterpart, and of other local publications including the Los Angeles Times have received fake renewal notices.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- SEC Halts Trading of Monrovia Ebola Stock
- Stormwater Cleanup Fee Put on Slow Track
- Wells Fargo Faces Class-Action Lawsuits from Shareholders, Workers
- News Chain Merging Its Circulation Departments
- LAEDC Saved or Attracted 200,000 Jobs for L.A. County
- Layoffs at L.A. Works
- Glendale May Lift Ban on Artificial Turf
- Metro Moves to Bring Bike-sharing to L.A.