The Securities and Exchange Commission suspended trading this morning in the shares of four companies -- including penny stock outfit Immunotech Laboratories Inc. in Monrovia -- that sell products related to the recent Ebola outbreak, warning that “scam artists” often use newsy events to lure investors into fraudulent stocks, the Los Angeles Times reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Employers Expect Hike in Health-Benefit Costs
- Largest Hollywood Lease in a Decade: Viacom Takes Columbia
- Chipotle Stocks Rally
- Fraud Charges Filed Against Van Nuys Companies
- Local Newspapers Hit By Subscription Renewal Scams
- Recalled: Pistachios
- Snapchat Employee Data Compromised
- Olympus’ Profits from Superbug a Problem for Lawmaker