Los Angeles and Long Beach port truck drivers took their strike to the rail yards Tuesday, demonstrating at yards serviced by Pacer Cartage and Harbor Rail Transport, trucking companies that some drivers claim misclassify workers as independent contractors instead of employees, the Daily News reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Contract Truckers Picket L.A., Long Beach Ports
- Harbor Truckers Back to Work
- Ending 2 Year Legal Battle, Judge Rules Port Truck Drivers are Employees
- Truckers End Strike at Three Companies, Still Picketing at Two
- Harbor Truckers Go On Strike
- City Attorney Files Lawsuits Against Local Trucking Companies
- Truck Drivers Fast to Protest Trucking Firm Policies
- Cal Cartage Carried Away