Commerce warehouse retailer Smart & Final Stores Inc. on Wednesday reported strong quarterly earnings that beat analysts’ expectations in the first release since the company went public in September.
Smart & Final reported net income of $10.2 million (17 cents a share) for the quarter ended Oct. 5, a 2 percent increase from the same period a year earlier. Revenue rose 11 percent to $1.13 billion.
The results beat expectations. Analysts believed earnings would be 13 cents a share on revenue of $1.11 billion.
Smart & Final raised about $161 million in late September through the public sale of nearly 13.5 million shares priced at $12 each. The company is majority-owned by Century City private equity firm Ares Management.
Earners were announced after markets closed Wednesday. Smart & Final shares fell 44 cents, or 3 percent, to close at $14.58 in advance of the announcement.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Strong Quarter Bulks Up Shares of Market Chain
- Equity Firm Acquires Smart & Final
- Smart & Final Reports Third Quarter Earnings
- Smart & Final Prices IPO
- Smart & Final Soars In Third Quarter
- RealD Shares Rise After Earnings Beat Expectations
- Smart & Final Net Income Dips After Haggen Acquisitions
- 99 Cents Stock Enjoys Uptick on Q4 Results