Office Depot Inc. today reported soaring first quarter sales — bolstered by its acquisition of former rival OfficeMax — but announced it would close hundreds of stores as consumers increasingly rely on online purchases, the Wall Street Journal reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- More Big Drug Company Deals Emerge
- Back to Basics for Two Wall Street Powerhouses
- Time Warner Profit Jumps on Strength of Movie Business
- WellPoint Raises Earnings Outlook
- Spilker Steps Down as Apollo Global President
- King Digital Says New Mobile Games Boosted Sales
- Apple CFO Peter Oppenheimer to Retire
- BofA Seeks Lift with Flat-Fee Checking