Sources tell the New York Times that federal authorities are looking at whether insider trading, disclosure and market manipulation rules were violated by some of the traders placing long and short bets on Herbalife, the embattled nutritional supplement company.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Corporate Taxes Lighter Than They Look, Study Says
- Facebook, Google Buying Sprees Transform Venture Capital
- VMware to Buy AirWatch for $1.18 Billion
- Banks Criticized for Keeping Mortgage Litigation Reserves a Secret
- Gannett to Spin Off Print Operations
- Citigroup to Pay $7 Billion Mortgage Settlement
- Apple Poised to Buy Beats for $3.2 Billion
- KKR to Buy Internet Brands for $1.1 Billion