Under federal rules, survivors are supposed to be offered the option to settle a reverse mortgage loan for a percentage of the full amount. Instead, the New York Times reports, reverse mortgage companies are increasingly threatening to foreclose unless heirs pay the mortgages in full.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Virtual Reality Grows Up
- Citigroup to Pay $7 Billion Mortgage Settlement
- J.P. Morgan to Sell Commodities Unit
- Engine Shut-Off Systems Keep Payments Coming
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Merge
- American Express to Sell Half its Business Travel Unit
- Lions Gate Fined for Actions Against Icahn
- Google Invests in Free Credit Score Company