The Metropolitan Water District has spent more than $2 million in public money in the past three years on weekend field trips to water facilities, and the presence of MWD board members' relatives, campaign donors and those with business before the agency has raised questions about who is benefiting from the outings, Southern California Public Radio reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Broad Appoints Head of Philanthropic Education Efforts
- MWD OKs $44M for Recycled Water Projects
- Altadena Merchants Feel Pressure from New Competitor
- MWD Names General Manager
- Edison Execs Sell Stock After Proposed Rate Deal
- Casino Bus Boom Creates Challenge for Regulators
- Dodgers President Optimistic About TV Channel
- Sparks Owner Drops Team