Efforts to conceal the extent of dangerous car defects at Toyota Motor Corp. were so pervasive, prosecutors say, that an exasperated employee at one point warned that "someone will go to jail if lies are repeatedly told." But the Associated Press looks at why no one has gone to jail, nor is likely to.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Microsoft Tweaks Windows 8
- Big Data,'Big Brother'
- How Higher Rates Touch Consumers, Firms, Investors
- No Consensus on How to Notify Data Breach Victims
- U.S. Declassifies Phone Program Details
- CBS, Time Warner Cable Reach Agreement
- How Tiny Allegiant Air Thrives
- Temple City Man Denies Creating Bitcoin