Chinese automaker Build Your Dreams is close to losing a $12 million contract to deliver a fleet of electric buses to Long Beach Transit, a deal the company hoped would jump-start its U.S. operations, the Los Angeles Times reports. Federal transit officials contend that BYD violated some regulations that made it ineligible to bid in the first place.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Automaker Boards Buses
- Long Beach Transit Cancels BYD Bus Contract
- BYD’s Hiring Pledge Could Charge Up MTA Bus Deal
- BYD Buses Rolling into Toronto
- Electric Bus Maker Gets $66 Million MTA Contract
- Electric Buses Coming to Long Beach
- BYD Delivers First Buses as Part of Anaheim Order
- Long Beach Transit to Rebid Electric Bus Contract