Thousands of elderly and disabled Californians will be pushed into managed health care plans soon under a state pilot project, but doctors’ groups and patient advocates have found a number of problems with the program that could threaten care for the most medically fragile, the Los Angeles Daily News reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Doctors Fear Unhealthy Malpractice Insurance
- Famous Hollywood Nursing Home, Hospital to Close
- Coalition Asserts Big Damage Award Will Lift Insurance Costs
- Consumers Join Governor in Calling for Drug Purchasing Pools
- Next Round in Molina Feud
- L.A. Takes Step Toward Consolidating Health Departments
- Doctors File ‘Denial of Coverage’ Lawsuit Against Aetna