A California lawmaker has introduced legislation to regulate the state's free-wheeling medical marijuana industry – the farmers that grow the drug, the hundreds of storefront shops that sell it and especially the doctors who write recommendations allowing people to use it, the Associated Press reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Wrestling Over Water Rights
- Plan Near to Avoid ‘Dairy Cliff’ Price Jump
- Governments May Push Workers to Health Exchange
- Yellen Rebuffs Fed Critics, Pleases Investors
- California Farmers Brace for Little or No Water
- GDP Unexpectedly Contracts in Fourth Quarter
- No Deal in Sight as 'Cliff' Deadline Looms
- FAA Safety Oversight of Repairs Criticized