The data breach at Target Corp. that exposed millions of credit card numbers has focused attention on the patchwork of state consumer notification laws and renewed a push for a single national standard, the Associated Press reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Target Tech Chief Leaves Amid Security Overhaul
- Big Data,'Big Brother'
- Microsoft Tweaks Windows 8
- Toyota Case Shows It's Hard to Prosecute Execs
- How Higher Rates Touch Consumers, Firms, Investors
- Data Breach Hits More Target Customers Than Expected
- U.S. Declassifies Phone Program Details
- How Tiny Allegiant Air Thrives