Chiquita Brands International Inc. today said it has agreed to merge with Irish tropical-fruit firm Fyffes to create the world's largest banana company, the New York Times reports. The all-stock deal values Fyffes at about $526 million.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Tobacco Firms to Merge
- J.P. Morgan to Sell Commodities Unit
- Facebook Buys Virtual-Reality Company
- American Express to Sell Half its Business Travel Unit
- Lions Gate Fined for Actions Against Icahn
- Google Invests in Free Credit Score Company
- KKR to Buy Internet Brands for $1.1 Billion
- T-Mobile and Sprint Zeroing In on a $32 Billion Merger