Facing a backlog of hundreds of health and safety complaints about nursing homes, Los Angeles County public health officials told inspectors to close cases without fully investigating them, according to internal documents and interviews, the Los Angele Daily News reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Audit: Nursing Home Patients in ‘Immediate Jeopardy’ Ignored
- L.A. Takes Step Toward Consolidating Health Departments
- City Council Backs Foreclosure Fee Proposal
- California Public Health Chief to Step Down
- More County Jobs
- L.A.’s Water Future Remains Challenged
- Slayings Spotlight Unlicensed Boarding Homes
- Tanaka Indicted