Margaret Loesch, chief executive of The Hub Network in Burbank, will step down at the end of the year when her contract expires, according to media reports on Thursday.
Loesch has been with the children’s cable network since its launch in 2010. She was brought on because of her considerable experience in the children’s entertainment market, including as founding chief executive of Fox Kids Network.
The Hub is a joint venture between Discovery Communications Inc., in Silver Spring, Md., and Hasbro Inc., in Pawtucket, R.I.
In a statement provided to entertainment industry news website Deadline, Loesch said she was proud of the accomplishments made at The Hub.
“The network is now in excellent financial shape, its ratings are up year-to-year, our programming has won more than 30 awards, including 12 Daytime Emmys, and the Hub Network has become a TV home for quality programming that kids and their families come together to enjoy,” she said in the statement.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Licenser Turns to TV Vet to Channel Revenue
- Disney Names New CFO as Rasulo Steps Down
- Lifetime CEO Andrea Wong to Step Down
- Murdoch Shuffles the Deck at Fox in L.A.
- Former Fox Exec Vinciquerra Replaces Lynton as Sony Pictures CEO
- Disney Board Extends Iger Contract
- Networking Site Thinks It Has Preteens’ Number
- Disney Chief Accepts Contract Extension