It looks as if a North Carolina homeowner will keep his home with a loan modification. It's the conclusion to a long drama that began when Countrywide Financial kingpin Angelo Mozilo insulted him in an email, the Los Angeles Times reports. Meanwhile, BofA, which bought Countrywide, could soon reach a $12 billion settlement with the Justice Department and several states over its handling of shoddy mortgages, The Wall Street Journal reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Criminal Probe of Mozilo Ends
- Lawmakers Tussle Over Mozilo Probe
- BofA to Settle Countrywide Charges
- Former Countrywide Officers Settle with State
- SEC: Mozillo Approved Special Countrywide Loans
- Mozilo Banked $132 Million in 2007
- Fallen Financial Giants Keep Up Charitable Giving
- SEC Probes Countrywide Stock Sales