In a move with few precedents in the 86-year history of the Academy Awards, the board of governors of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has decided to disqualify an Oscar nominee prior to the Oscars ceremony itself, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Academy Changes Rules in Response to Oscars Diversity Uproar
- Oscars Return to February Slot
- The Show Goes On
- Spike Lee, Jada Pinkett Smith Join #OscarsSoWhite Boycott
- Academy Museum Site Potentially Dangerous
- Film Academy Takes On Race and Ratings
- Motion Picture Academy Appointments Aim to Increase Diversity
- Academy Awards Back To February Next Year