Tom Sherak, the charismatic and charitable studio marketing and distribution executive who recently took the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences through some tumultuous times, has died, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Sherak's passing will likely affect Mayor Garcetti's agenda to keep production in Los Angeles, The Wrap reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Garcetti Names Hollywood Veteran Tom Sherak Film Czar
- Garcetti Names New Film Czar
- Remembering Robin Williams
- Garcetti Declares Emergency Over Runaway Production
- James Gandolfini: Unlikely Star
- Cheryl Boone Isaacs Reelected as Academy Leader
- Academy Elects First African-American President
- Search for Film Czar Drags on at City Hall