McDonald’s, the biggest buyer of beef in the United States, has set a goal of eventually buying all its beef from sustainable sources. Bloomberg BusinessWeek notes that this is an ambitious goal for lots of reasons, not least of which is an absence of any standards for just what makes beef sustainable.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Greenland Looks on Global Warming's Bright Side
- Burger King’s Youth Movement
- AOL Blames Costly Pregnancies, Obamacare for 401(k) Cuts
- Electric Car Makers Shred Sticker Prices
- Google Goes for Drive with Automakers
- Photographers Hate Getty's Plan to Give Away Their Work
- Charney Now Consulting for American Apparel
- TWC Rejects $61 Billion Offer