The Federal Trade Commission on Tuesday called on media companies to more carefully scrutinize weight-loss product ads, while ordering $34 million in deceptive ad settlements against makers of food additives, skin creams and dietary supplements, Ad Age reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Ad Industry Mounts Vigorous Defense of 'Native' Advertising
- Google Dominance in Online Display Ads Under Scrutiny
- Ad Groups Warn of Tax Deduction Threat
- Networks Hope App Viewing Leads Back to TV
- HD Antenna Sales Jump Amid CBS Blackout
- 10 Things You Should Know About the Global Ad Market
- Ad Agencies Shift Into Consulting Role
- Newsweek Redesign Plans New Browser-Based Experience