Crippled by bad loans and regulatory restraints, European banks are ceding ground to firms like Blackstone and others that can lend money like a bank but are not scrutinized as such, the New York Times reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA Agrees to $17 Billion Mortgage Settlement
- Banks Criticized for Keeping Mortgage Litigation Reserves a Secret
- Justice Department Seeks Mortgage Deal with BofA
- Bank of America Reaches Record Settlement
- VMware to Buy AirWatch for $1.18 Billion
- Facebook to Buy Messaging Start-Up in $16 Billion Deal
- Banking for Low-Income Depositors
- Facebook Buys Virtual-Reality Company