Saban Brands on Monday said it would partner with Cirque du Soleil Média to create an original, multi-platform children's media property based on the iconic circus entertainment brand.
The affiliate of Los Angeles billionaire Haim Saban’s Saban Capital Group said the deal would include a TV series, online content and merchandise.
CAA brokered the deal with Saban Brands on behalf of Cirque du Soleil Média, a Montreal-based joint venture of Cirque du Soleil and Toronto media giant Bell Media.
"This new project promises to be a groundbreaking new kids property with worldwide appeal and numerous off-screen extensions,” Elie Dekel, president of Saban Brands., said in a statement.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- News of the Week
- Cirque du Soleil, Kodak Theatre Ink Deal
- TV Company Looks to Channel Success of 1990s
- Full House in the Cards for ‘Iris’?
- City Council Approves $30 Million Cirque Loan
- Saban Trades Power Rangers for Panavision
- 'Iris' Joins List of Recent Cirque du Soleil Duds
- Saban Announces ‘Power Rangers’ Film