Eric Smidt, chief executive of hardware retailer Harbor Freight Tools and No. 41 on the Business Journal’s list of the Wealthiest Angelenos, has sold a Beverly Hills estate for $39.9 million, the Los Angeles Times reports. Smidt’s not leaving town, though: He owns another Beverly Hills estate, known as the Knoll, once owned by oil and entertainment tycoon Marvin Davis. Meanwhile, another billionaire is moving in: Markus Persson, the Swedish creator of video game “Minecraft” who sold his company to Microsoft for $2.5 billion this year, just paid $70 million for a Beverly Hills mansion, according to the Times.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Kirk Kerkorian Mansion Sells
- Beverly Hills Mansion Is Up for Lease at $475,000 a month
- Gores Asking $52 Million for Bel-Air Lot
- ‘Entourage’ House on the Market
- Beverly Hills Has Most Expensive Home Listing in the U.S.
- Tweet of the Day: Minecraft's Markus Persson
- Wahlberg’s Former House on the Market
- Jack Carter’s House Sells