A few investors, including mutual funds, are buying bonds backed by mortgages on the brink of foreclosure in an attempt to win short-term returns that may materialize if foreclosures go smoothly, the New York Times said.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA Agrees to $17 Billion Mortgage Settlement
- Bank of America Reaches Record Settlement
- JPMorgan Reveals Criminal, Civil Inquiries
- Problems for Lenders Trying to Collect Credit Card Debt
- Merck to Acquire Cubist Pharmaceuticals
- Banks Criticized for Keeping Mortgage Litigation Reserves a Secret
- Conflict Over Derivatives Rule
- Burger King to Buy Tim Horton