Federal prosecutors are looking at General Motors' finance unit and others in a civil investigation to learn if investors were fairly apprised of the credit risks related to securities backed by auto loans, the New York Times reported.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan Reveals Criminal, Civil Inquiries
- Bank of America Reaches Record Settlement
- German Automakers Announce Recalls
- Citigroup to Pay $7 Billion Mortgage Settlement
- Lender Hits Road With Rideshare
- It’s Now Every Bank for Itself
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 25, Don Hankey
- Corporate Taxes Lighter Than They Look, Study Says