A new World Bank reports says the United States may lose its status as the world's largest economy — measured by its currency's purchasing power — sooner than expected, CNBC reports. China is downplaying the report's prediction, possibly to avert pressure to take on financial obligations or make concessions on climate change, the Associated Press reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Home Construction Soars, Mortgage Applications Fall Amid Uncertainty
- Google Emerges From FTC Probe Relatively Unscathed
- Buffett: 'No Thanks' on Buying Tribune Papers
- United Resumes Dreamliner Flights
- Temple City Man Denies Creating Bitcoin
- Men's Wearhouse Boosts Bid for Jos. A. Bank
- Mallinckrodt to Buy Questcor
- CBS, Time Warner Cable Reach Agreement