DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc. on Tuesday said Brenda Freeman, a former marketing executive at Turner Animation, will be become its head of television marketing.
Freeman most recently was chief marketing officer of Turner Animation and its Cartoon Network. She earlier was senior vice president of integrated marketing and promotions for Nickelodeon and the MTVN Kids and Family Group.
DreamWorks has deals to produce more than 1,100 episodes of original family programming for Netflix, Super RTL in Germany and Planeta Junior in Italy and Spain. Most of the shows will be based the Glendale studio’s film franchises, which include Shrek and Madagascar, and the recently acquired Classic Media library, which includes Lassie and Rocky & Bullwinkle.
"Brenda's vast experience in the branding, marketing and distribution of family and kids programming will be invaluable as we continue to grow our television division," Chief Marketing Officer Dawn Taubin said in a statement.
The announcement was made after the markets closed. DreamWorks shares earlier closed up $1.21, or 4.6 percent, to $27.76 on the Nasdaq.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- News of the Week
- THQ, DreamWorks Sign Games Licensing Deal
- DreamWorks Animation Announces Manila Venture
- Lower DreamWorks Earnings Still Beats Expectations
- DreamWorks Takes 'Turbo' Write-Down
- D3Publisher Signs DreamWorks Video Game Deal
- Madagascar Sequel Boosts DreamWorks’ Profit
- DreamWorks Reaches Netflix Content Deal