Microsoft Corp. has agreed to pay $7 billion to acquire Nokia Corp.'s struggling cellphone business. The Wall Street Journal says it’s a bold move to try to catch up in a fast-growing mobile market now dominated by Samsung and Apple.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Apple Cuts Orders for iPhone Parts
- Softbank to Buy Sprint Nextel for About $20 Billion
- Microsoft Takes a Side in PC Wars
- Stocks Rise as Wall Street Reopens
- Nokia Seeks Broader App Offerings
- T-Mobile USA to Merge with MetroPCS
- Payment Network Takes on Google Wallet
- Apple Says Latest iPhone Set New Sales Record