State Sen. Ron Calderon accepted about $88,000 in bribes from an undercover FBI agent posing as a film studio owner and a Southern California hospital executive during a wide-ranging probe into his conduct as a legislator, Al Jazeera America reports, citing a 124-page affidavit.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Pressure Rising Against Calderon
- Calderon Brothers Indicted in Corruption Probe
- State Senator Targeted in FBI Searches
- Calderon Also Accused in Hospital Bribery Case
- Calderon Pleads Guilty in Political Corruption Scandal Tied to Long Beach Hospital
- Calderon Scandal Puts Film Credit in Spotlight
- Lawmakers Brace for Backlash Over Film Tax Credit
- Investment Promoter Arrested