Regional air pollution regulators have moved to shut down Exide Technologies' troubled battery recycling plant in Vernon, citing public health risks from its repeated emissions of lead and arsenic, the Los Angeles Times reports. Check out the Business Journal's earlier coverage.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- L.A. Council Concerned About Vernon Battery Recycler
- Deal Reached on Vernon Battery Plant
- Exide Workers Get Layoff Notices
- Arsenic Emissions From Exide Pose Chronic Hazard
- Exide Announces Layoffs
- State Orders Shutdown of Vernon Battery Recycling Plant
- County Creates Toxic 'Strike Team'
- Exide Ordered to Cut Production