The lessons most Republicans draw from their defeat in the 16-day partial government shutdown — starting with how they approach budget talks set to produce an accord by Dec. 13 — will set the direction for the party, Bloomberg News reports. Tea Party Republicans, on the other hand, may still be winning, Bloomberg BusinessWeek says.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- No One Has Much Influence in CBS Blackout
- Strong Jobs Report Trumps Decline in GDP
- Yes, the Feds Hoards Raisins
- Why Private R&D Won’t Make Up for Sequester Cuts
- Give Me Your Yuan
- Why the U.S. Should Issue More TIPS
- Hello Kitty Beer: Zen and the Art of Crass Marketing
- The Search for Monsanto's Rogue GMO Wheat