Dell Inc. on Thursday said activist investor Carl Icahn is pushing for a huge special dividend instead of a planned $24.4 billion leveraged buyout by founder Michael Dell, and threatened the company with "years of litigation" if it doesn't combine a vote on the deal with its annual meeting, the Wall Street Journal reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Dell to Go Private in $24 Billion Deal
- Microsoft Takes a Side in PC Wars
- Gun-Bill Debate Begins After Bipartisan Breakthough
- Loeb Pushes Sony to Take Entertainment Unit Public
- Icahn Challenges Silver Lake’s Dell Bid
- Senate Scuttles Gun Limits
- Billionaires Take Sides Over Herbalife
- High Court Deals Blow to Voting Act